Arratabe Palace (current Town Hall)

Arratabe Palace (Current Town Hall)

Art & Culture

Cultural Heritage

Located next to the Nuestra Señora de la Asunción Church, Arratabe palace was built in 1726, by order of María Isabel de Otalora, widow of Enrique Antonio de Arratabe. Materials coming from Uribe house, documented from the 16th Century, and from a palace in Eskoriatza were used for that purpose. The coat of arms located over the main entrance, for instance, came from the neighbour village and shows the coats of arms of the following families: Arratabe, Otalora, Galarza and Araotz-Lazarraga. The building hosts the new Aretxabaleta Town Council since 1986.

Information of interest

Type of resources
Interesting buildings and structures
Monument type

Palace

Address
C/ Otalora, 1 - 20550 Aretxabaleta
Phone
E-mail
Artistic style
Baroque
Period
18th century