Art & Culture

Cultural Heritage

Arrasate-Mondragón Town Council

The palace where Arrasate-Mondragón's local authorities work dates back to the 18th century. Architect Martín Karrera started with construction works in 1756.

 

The building is of Baroque style, with masonry work. The main façade consists of five semi-circular arches that function as a entrance to the interior. The upper floor has a big wrought-iron balcony and set above eye level we will find the town's French-style coat of arms. In the interior we will see the main staircase, whose steps are made by only one stone, and the impressive carved wood in the plenary room.

Information of interest

Type of resources
Interesting buildings and structures
Monument type

Palacio

Address
Plaza del pueblo, s/n - 20500 Arrasate/Mondragón
Phone
E-mail
Artistic style
Baroque
Period
18th century

Services

  • Conference Hall
  • Guided visit