Labraza

Labraza de Oyón Walls

Art & Culture

Cultural Heritage

Labraza is a village located at the top of a hill. It was built in the Middle Ages and, for its defence, it got surrounded by a wall.

 

The king Sancho VII of Navarre awarded the town the title of "village" in 1196 and ordered that the Western borders of Navarre should be watched by the Labraza people. 

 

With the passage of time, the wall has integrated into the houses, becoming a part of their walls.

Information of interest

Type of resources
Interesting buildings and structures
Monument type

Wall

Address
Labraza - 01322 Oyón-Oion
Phone
E-mail
Period
Middle Age

Services

  • Children facilities
  • Parking
  • Park
  • Guided visit