Palacio Augusti

Augustin Zulueta Palace

Art & Culture

Cultural Heritage

The Augustin Zulueta Palace was built for Ricardo Augusti in 1912 according to the style and taste of the then most powerful families in the city. The authors were the same that built the new cathedral: the architects Julián Apraiz and Javier de Luque. In 1941, the Regional Council of Álava purchased it to base the Fine Arts Museum and, in 1962, it was declared Historic-Artistic Monument. In this museum, there is an exhibition of Spanish art of the 18th and 19th centuries, as well as a selection of Basque 'costumbrismo' ranging from the last quarter of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century. Surrounded by a garden, it is an eclectic building that has been enlarged to host several works in it. In this way, the museum falls into three very well differenciated parts: the main building (the palace), another part enlarged in the 1960's and a newly constructed building where the access to the art gallery is located.

Information of interest

Type of resources
Interesting buildings and structures
Monument type

Palace

Address
Paseo de Fray Francisco de Vitoria, 8 - 01007 Vitoria-Gasteiz
Phone
E-mail
Artistic style
Eclectic
Period
20th century
Activities

Exhibitions, conferences, workshops...

Services

  • Public toilet
  • Bar/Coffee bar
  • Children facilities
  • Park
  • Exhibition hall
  • Conference Hall
  • Shops
  • Guided visit