Art & Culture

Cultural Heritage

Ozaeta Tower House

Ozaeta Tower House nowadays belongs to Koldo Lasa, who has established the Restaurant Lasa inside the building. However, the building's history goes back to the Middle Ages. It was built outside the village, near the road to Arrasate-Mondragón.

 

Years later, in 1565, it was rebuilt following King Enrique IV's orders to dismantle all defensive buildings. The house was the residence of one of the main families in the Oñaz side and there lived, for instance, one sister of Saint Ignatius Loiola. Besides, one of its last owners was another key figure in Basque culture and politics: Telésforo Monzón.

Information of interest

Type of resources
Interesting buildings and structures
Monument type

Palacio

Address
Zubiaurre, s/n - 20570 Bergara
Phone
E-mail
Web
Artistic style
Renaissance
Period
16th century

Services

  • Bar/Coffee bar
  • Parking
  • Park
  • Restaurant