Menu

Basque Country

Search
 
 
  • Home
  • News
  • The Basque Country is the gastronomic destination with the best brand image

Discover Basque Country

News

The Basque Country is the gastronomic destination with the best brand image

  • the Basque Country is the gastronomic destination with the best overall brand image
13/11/2014
The Basque Country is the gastronomic destination with the best brand image
In international results it shares the lead with Paris
The Basque Country’s commitment to fine food and its solid culinary tradition have earned recognition in the 4th Tourist Brand Study by the consultancy Oak Power, which this year focused on gastronomy. In terms of international results it shares first place with Paris. They are followed by the Tuscany region, Rome, New York and Tokyo.

Oak Power surveyed a total of 900 gastronomic informants, of whom 80% are journalists who write regularly in the media or for agencies, while the other 20% are bloggers. 70% of the informants felt that gastronomy has between a 30% and a 50% influence on the choice of travel destination.

The results show that the Basque Country is the gastronomic destination with the best overall brand image, with a rating of 8.57 points. It is followed by Madrid, in second place with 8.14. Catalonia comes third with 7.28 points, followed by Andalusia with 7.14.
Accessibility
Special offers
Return to general data