Euskadi Basque Country
 

Basque Country
euskadi.eus

 

Tourism destinations

Town

Valdegovía

Valdegovía

The municipality of Valdegovía is located in the western area of the historical territory of Alava and belongs to the Cuadrilla de Añana. It is close to Burgos and 30 villages form the municipality of Valdegovía, of which Villanueva de Valdegovía is the main town.

Valdegovía Valley offers the visitor a privileged spot, full of historic-artistic and natural heritage. On the one hand, the municipality houses very interesting sites, such as hermitages and churches as the Romanesque church of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, in Tuesca.

On the other hand, there are several towers and fortress in the area. We will highlight the Varona family's tower-palace, which dates back to the 14th century and is located in the town of Villanañe. This fortified monument has many military elements. Likewise, the sanctuary of Nuestra Señora de Angosto, from the 14th century, houses a Renaissance retable.

Artificial caves and Valderejo Natural Park

Important remains of the artificial caves of Corro and Pinedo and the necropolis of Santa Lucía-Santa Olalla have been found in Valdegovía.

Finally, Valderejo Natural Park, declared Natural Park in 1992, forms a peculiar landscape worth visiting to be in contact with nature. Lalastra, is the departure point for this beautiful enclave with its fauna and flora and with different and varied routes.
Accessibility
Special offers
Return to general data
Where?

Information of interest

Surface area: 244.00
No. of inhabitants: 1106