Basque Coast

Fishing ports

Santurtzi fishing harbour

  • Santurtzi fishing harbour
  • Santurtzi fishing harbour

Santurtzi fishing harbour

The construction of the breakwater and the beginning of the outer harbour in the late 19th century brought about a transformation in Santurtzi.

 

At this time the Park and the existing Fishermen’s Association were built on the land reclaimed from the sea, designed by E. Pagazartundua in 1916. Recently restored, this houses the fish market, the auction room, the premises of the San Pedro fishermen’s association, the new tourist office and the Santurtzi Itsasoa visitor centre. Opposite this is the statue of Our Lady of El Carmen, the patron saint of Santurtzi since 1907.


Special offers

Accessibility
Special offers
Return
Where?

Information of interest

Address:

Puerto pesquero, 20  -   Santurtzi

Phone:   +34 944 839 494Phone:  

+34 944 839 494

Fish Sale:

Yes